Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cowboy Theme Day!

Sorry that it has been a while since I've written....I've had a several days of the stomach virus running around my house. Unfortunetly, I don't think it has run its course. I am praying very hard not to get it! It is hard to be sick with a husband and 3 small kids. All you mothers know exactly what I'm talking about. Peyton, my one year old, has had it the worst. I was unable to work one day this weekend because of his illness. He is doing better...or I pray at least! He's good for a couple days and then another round will hit. This is one crazy virus!

Our day today in school was Cowboy Day. To say the least, Steven was soooo excited! Carson is spending the day with Larry at his work. Larry had to travel to NC for a couple jobs so Carson was sooo very excited to spend some one on one time with Daddy. With an arm load of books, his game boy, and three games, he headed to the truck!

I am posting some pictures of Peyton and Steven dressed up in Cowboy clothes and their horses. Steven is trying to look cool at the same time be Mr. Cowboy! He is THE funniest child ever. He can tell stories like none other! (Wonder where he got that from, Papa?) You will notice he has a carpet burn on his head...when people ask him what happened he goes into a 15 minute story never leaving one minor detail out! My good friend, Cyndi, used to love to ask him questions just to hear him talk, and talk, and talk. The Lord has recently paid her back. Her third child and last has the same ability to not leave one detail out of a story and talks non stop all day. She doesn't think its quite as cute anymore! I 'm happy to be the one laughing now!

I am enjoying geating to read about all of your daily lives. As ladies, I feel it is important to connect with other Christian ladies as much as possible. We can encourage each other with our thoughts and ideas. Keep up the good work! It is so nice to see that we have brought so many of our friends into the "fold"! Ha!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the yucky virus blues! I'm thankful that my girls are big enough to crawl off in their respective holes when they are sick. :) Hope the bug goes away quickly. Love the pics. You have adorable children!

Tara said...

Marty!
So glad to see a new blog from you. I'm sorry your little guys have been sick. However, I'm crossing two fingers to the screen right now that it doesn't stretch across the miles! YUCK!

Yes, Cameron DID get Mario Baseball! That's what he was SOOO excited about! And he is of course a big Buzz Lightyear fan. So we couldn't resist the balloon. Outrageously overpriced, but you only turn 6 once, right?

I, too, wished we lived closer. I know our kids would be great friends. You have very sweet, well-behaved boys, and my kids had a great time playing together when you were here after Christmas. We need to do it more often!

Blessings today,
th

The Dickinsons said...

CUTE pics of your cowboys Marty! Sorry that you have the flu bug in your home! Don't you wish we could use the FLY SWATER TO KILL THAT KIND OF BUG?! =)

Susan sent me a CUTE family pic that they had taken at Easter. I remember her telling me how big I got with Noah, but she is not too tiny with her FIRST baby! =) She looks adorable! =)
Hope all get feeling better SOON! (And that you escape that bug!)
Love, Heather

Kimberly said...

Too cute little cowboys!...glad you're back blogging. Love you!

kayla said...

We have got to get our little cowboys together.

Julia said...

Glad to have you back. Cowboy day at school? Did the teacher dress up too, if so where are the pictures? :)

Julia said...

One more thing. You and Tara are talking Game Boy stuff I presume. Someone tell me when we will get past the THOMAS THE STINKING TANK ENGINE stuff and move on????? I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Juwah AKA Emily, the Green Engine

Tara said...

Julia,

NEVER FEAR! The Nintendo stage didn't hit here until Christmas and we are deliberately moving into it VERY slowly. It is great fun for the kids, and now we actually have something we can 'ground' them from if necessary. Nothing brings on the tears like saying 'no video games today'. Aren't I a mean mommy?!?
Cameron is 6, but Sophie is Josiah's age and she can tear it up on those Mario games! I think it's because she has older siblings. It really does make a difference, you know. Just enjoy your train days while they last! Easier said than done, I realize. :)

Tara said...

Hey, I want to see a picture of Pregnant Susan! Would she let you post one or email me one?!?

Marty said...

Tara,

I don't know if I have any on my camera..I'll check she just sent me one from Easter (hard copy) I'll see if she will email it to me and I'll post it! She is very cute..from the back she is the same size... her face, feet and belly are definetly swollen! I still "beat" her in the weight gain. One race I'm not proud of!

Kelly S said...

My 7-year-old Joshua loves all these cowboy pics. My kids haven't discovered Nintendo - but we bought Joshua a DS for Christmas. Talking about a great thing to use for discipline!

I want to see a picture of Susan too. We need to get onto her about starting a blog if she hasn't already.

Viola said...

Marty;

I would love to tell you about Viola, but if I did I would have to kill you. I'm not really into that so I can't tell you. I will say though, that I have visited her blog today and am anxiously awaiting her comments on her date last night.

Kelly S said...

What???!! Viola is drivig me crazy too. I've gone back through everyone's blogs to see if they said anything about going out on a date (even the married ones) and don't see any such thing. Do I know this person?

Making Memories 1999 said...

Great pics of the boys at the zoo! I'm sure they had sooooooo much fun!

Me too!! I want to see pics of Susan! I'm SOOO happy for them! Does she have a blog? Email?