Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's Day!

Here is a picture of me and my handsome boys on Mother's Day. They are the sweetest angels ever! I am soo blessed with the children God gave to me. There are days....., but there are many MORE better days! Love that grammer! I had a great mother's day with Larry and the boys....they treated me right! Including the tray of assorted cheesecakes! What at day!


(Not so sure how Carson's shirt got left untucked and buttoned to the top?) Things you notice later....
This is the boys "new sport". Here's hoping that is one that comes and goes very quickly. Momma's not really into the skateboard thing....Steven loves it! He is doing great...or so the neighbors little boys say. What do I know?
I did want to tell everyone that I have just completed a HUGE milestone in my life. I have finnally finished K5 for the second time! I passed with flying colors! No, really, the Lord has been so very patient with me and has helped and strengthed when I, myself, could not do it! I have been frequently asked? "How do you do it?" I tell them that it all God's "fault"! Last spring and summer when Larry and I were determining what to do about Steven's schooling, I had ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, NOOOOO desire, or willingness for that matter, to homeschool. I'll never forget what my mom told me one day. She said, "Marty, if God wants you to do this, He will change you and give you the ability to do what needs to be done!" I found this challeging! I didn't think my heart and opinion could be changed...so I told God, "Do it"! And guess what? He changed ME! He opened my heart and mind and made me willing to start this new adventure. HE is the reason that this year has been such a great sucess! Don't get me wrong, there have been many days were I "reminded" the Lord that He was the one who asked me to do this so He needed to "step up" and give me the help I needed. He is FAITHFUL to me. There were many times the Lord had to adjust my spirit and attitude, and I'm so glad I listened! I can't thank Larry enough either for the huge support and encourager he has been!
We are enjoying our first week of SUMMER VACATION! It has been a beautiful week here so far and we have a library trip tomorrow! Thankfully my boys love books as much as Larry and I!
My sister, "Sewer", went to the Doc today and is progressing right along. She is currently 1CM dialated! Hopefully, the baby waits til after I finish work this weekend to make his grand entrance! Papa and Grandmomma are also gone to FL for Christa's graduation! Unfortunetly, we were unable to attend. I can't believe that she is old enough to be in high school, led alone be graduating from college! She is going to Romania on TLC this summer, then a trip to Alaska with Mom and Dad, then home to GA to start nursing school! We are happy to have her living close again! My boys love their Aunt CHRISSA!
We are so very proud of you, Christa! Can't wait to meet David in a couple weeks! Make sure and warn him about us!
Farwell to all, and to all a Goodnight!






19 comments:

Vonnie said...

Martha,
You just need to go back in an edit your post and click and drag that picture down to where you want it. Then if you want it centered or left or right aligned there are icons at the top that will do it for you, just make sure your picture is "highlighted" when you do it. (it will have about 8 tiny boxes around it when it's highlighted) Love the post!! Vonnie

Marty said...

Thanks Vonnie for the help with dragging the picture!

Kelly S said...

Glad you had a nice mother's day. Your boys are adorable and I think the one standing up behind you looks very much like Daddy!

I'm very envious of you being done with school. We're still at it. We had a lot of setbacks this year that got us behind, so we have several more weeks to go. Good for you! Maybe I'll do better next year!?:)

CrazieChrisa said...

Tell my boys I LOVE them too!!!! I can't wait to see them!!! Tell them I have TONZ of kisses and hugs saved up just for them!!!!! YEAH!:-D I guess I can forgive you for not coming to graduation as long as you take me on a shopping trip:-D HEHEHEHEHE:-D JUst kidding!!! Luv ya LOTS and see ya soon! BTW, are you sure its safe for Steven to be doing that:-D I would Soooooo bust my butt if I did that:-D Hahahaha! Luv ya!!!

Lady J said...

The age of skateboarding, aw to be young enough again to do it. Glad they wear their helmets! God has been good to you by giving you such a lovely family and grace for school. Tell Steven Aunt Jan said congrats on ending K5. Give yourself and the boys hugs and kisses!
Aunt Jan

Lady J said...

The age of skateboarding, aw to be young enough again to do it. Glad they wear their helmets! God has been good to you by giving you such a lovely family and grace for school. Tell Steven Aunt Jan said congrats on ending K5. Give yourself and the boys hugs and kisses!
Aunt Jan

Kimberly said...

Sweet post and pic.! I'm making your salad tonight:)

Queen Essie said...

Hi, Marty :)
I just FINALLY figured out how to post in this New World of Blogging! Seeing all these other pages and photos and creativity, makes me feel as old and outdated as the dinosaurs! ha
I have really been enjoying your posts and lovely family pictures! It is so hard to believe how big your boys are - but if you saw my rugrats, I know you'd think the same thing! It also adds to making me feel old since this year I have one that is a pre-teen clear to my "baby" will turn 8 this summer :( Makes me sad sometimes that it went by so fast & there were many days that just drug by when I had three kids 4 and under, I thot I'd never survive! Now I am thinking the same thing of the looming teenage years!
Would love to see y'all! I noticed on some other comments about a reunion in the Smokies.....remember that is basically in my backyard - so maybe we could meet for a minute or two!
Lots of Love!

Tara said...

Marty,
You're looking quite smashing these days, girl! How much weight have you lost since Christmas?

And ESSIE! I hope you start your own blog! So good to 'see' you on here. It's been a long, long time...!

Marty said...

Essie,

I am SOOO excited that you finnally joined this world! It has been so fun keeping up with people! I'll let you know about the retreat thing when it happens and we will get together! You need to bring the kids over to my house for a few days...my boys would love it..they would spend countless hours at the pool and playground....I'm not so sure about the pre-teen thing...wow...can you believe it? Will I ever get there? Not to soon I hope...! Tell the D-Man I said howdy! Get your own blog started soon! Love ya..hugs and kisses!

Tara,
Thanks for the compliment. A few pounds here or there. My goal is close...then I run into a plate of cheesecake!!!!

kayla said...

I'm glad to see Carson shirt buttoned to the top. It must be a boy thing. Collin will run around without pants on, but the shirt buttoned up to his Adam's apple.

Kelly S said...

Is this the same Essie I remember from Hobe Sound?!! If so...sooo good to see you on here! If you don't remember me, visit my blog and see pics and let me know! Wow. would love to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Love the way God changed your heart. I am amazed at how He can do that! Makes it nice that He is able to change our desires to match His. Talk about win/win!

Happy Belated Mothers Day!

Anita Marie said...

What a lovely picture. And Martha you are just beaming. Looking very happy and blessed.

The Dickinsons said...

Martha...Just want to say that I'm soooo glad that you homeschooled...I knew you could do it...for our family is smart. =) Congrats! Doesn't it feel rewarding to know that you have taught your child. I love being my kids teacher. Glad that y'all are done...we are seeing the end in sight but since we just got our schoolbooks at the end of Jan., the girls are doing GREAT!! I was soooo excited to see our cousin Essie on here, but then disappointed to see that SHE DOES NOT HAVE A BLOG.... YET! =)
I had better bring this to a close, for my Kimberly just walked up and glanced over my shoulder and read out loud, "This blog does not allow 'ENORMOUS' comments!!" I howled laughing!!

Love ya, Heather =)

Darlene Bray said...

Glad you had a great mothers Day. Congratulations on your first year of homeschooling! I have enjoyed every year, especially when mine were your boys ages. I had only been saved for about 2 years when I knew God wanted me to homeschool, and we did not know anyone else that homeschooled! We had no support at all, but God graciously provided all that we needed once I set out to do it. It is amazing how it all worked out and how He has been so faithful to me every year. Have a BLESSED day!

Julia said...

Marty;

Congrats on the end of the year. The thing I look forward to the most about home educating is that I will get to "attend" too. What fun to learn together with your precious ones. Go buy yourself a TCBY (remember those days.)

Essie;
My dear neighbor. I still cannot see a reese's nutrageous without thinking of you. YOU MUST BLOG! please.

Kim M. said...

Marty , nice to see a closeup picture of you on here. You look great!

My Life in Pictures said...

Marty! I just found you! I am not too smart on this whole blogger thingy. I could never let you know that I got you comment. If you haven't seen them, I have pics of Baby Jade on my blog. She is a big girl! Definitely got the Sams nose. ;-) She is a sweetie and they are pretty proud! Can't believe our paths crossed in this way. Who would have thunk?!!!!