Friday, June 1, 2007

COLTON ROSS HUNT HAS ARRIVED!






Colton Ross Hunt arrived to the proud parents of Susan and Jeff! May 31, 2007 at 10:10pm, at 8lbs 10 oz, 14 1/2 inch head! He is the cutest thing ever! I think he looks like Susan in the mouth and chin and Jeff in the eyes up!

Susan went to the hospital at 4:30 a.m. for a scheduled induction...she was 9 days overdue! She so wanted to do the natural delivery so was worried about being induced. She had a wonderful friend who has has all her 6? children natural who was her coach. My sister Christa and I were also there for support. (Jeff poked his head in the door every once in awhile! ...as did my mom) My oldest sister Cheryl had an important drs appointment with her oldest son so was coming later in the day. Susan labored very hard and long...she was so very strong to dilate all the way to 10 with NO MEDICINE! She with God's help did a fantastic job. It is very hard seeing someone you love go through so much agony. I was happy to support her because this was the desires of her heart. She did amazing!!! After pushing for 2 hours she felt she could no longer do it and have the baby without anything. She choose an epidural. The doctor was already concerned about doing a C-Section for the baby's heart rate had dropped significantly during her labor to the point of an emergency C-Section. Susan also felt that the baby was not lowering so another reason for the epidural in preperation for a C-Section if necessary. The doctor and Susan tried very hard to birth the baby, but ended up doing a C-Section. Thankfully, Cheryl made it just in time to help pray her through the pushing and the C-Section.

Susan is a true trooper! She was so very nervous and scared, but God was so faithful to her in her time of need! It was beautiful to feel the Lord very real throughout the WHOLE da/y!








This day was also Larry and I's 10 year anniversary! Thank you so much for those of you who remembered our special day! We loved having each one of you there! Thank you for all the sacrifices each one of you made to be with us....Heather sorry you were so sick and had to travel all night after your graduation! I appreciate it sooo very much! Thank you Julia, Brent, and Jani for the beautiful music! Thank you for all who stood up with us and witnessed our vows.








I will say that these last 10 years have been THE BEST EVER!!! I am so blessed to have met and married such a fabulous man of God! (and such a HANDSOME one at that!)







Here are all the cousins...Steven, Carson, Ethan, Isaac, Peyton, Colton, and big "sis" Alexis. She is so very happy to have this new baby in her home! She is going to be a great help! As you can see, they were all "pleased" to be participating in this picture. They were more worried about who got to sit on the chair! Poor Colton!


This is Aunt Marty giving her first squeezes after a long hard day....I've decided it's easier to delivery to baby than it is to watch someone you love go through pain! I'm done being a mid-wife! Ha! NO....it was a GREAT honor to be asked to help her this day!! Thank you Susan! (Sorry, I don't know how to rotate my pictures in this blog world...any expertise Vonnie?)

Thanks for all who have been checking in and concerned about Susan and the baby!

18 comments:

CrazieChrisa said...

I'm glad you made it home okay!!! Thank you sooo much for being there! I couldn't have done all you did if you wouldn't have been here! Luv you LOTS!!!!

sankey family said...

Susan and Jeff,
Our warm congratulations on a beautiful baby boy - boys are just great!
Your story sounds so much like my first birth experience - glad everything turned out well for you.

Enjoy Colton! (I love his name)

Melodie

The Dickinsons said...

You are soooo welcome for being at your wedding, I WOULD NOT HAVE MISSED IT FOR THE WORLD! =) Love ya!

Sooo glad that Susan had that baby! He's adorable, and I love his name too! GLAD THAT Y'ALL COULD BE THERE TO SUPPORT HER! I'm sooo proud of her, and soooo Glad that he's here safely! I agonized all night long last night, worrying (AND DOING LOTS OF PRAYING) that we might loose him, or Susan, or just wanting it all to end happily!! THANK THE LORD all is well....once Susan gets back to feeling herself again. Bless her heart...I'm still praying! I cannot imagine watching someone I love going through that VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH...I know that my Moma just about DIED watching me go through it with Noah...for he was so big and I had no epidural, (and lots more things went wrong...but I'll spare the details here. =)
ANYWAYS, I'm sooo happy for Jeff and Susan (and Alexis) that they have their very own boy...I've cried with Joy all day!
Love ya bunches girl,
Heather =)

jenny said...

It brought tears to my eyes to see the picture of Jeff and Susan holding their new baby. I marvel at the miracle of life and that God allows us to participate with Him in bringing new life to this earth.

CONGRATULATIONS Jeff, Susan and Alexis!!!!!!

Praying for Susan's healing and recovery to be swift.

Kimberly said...

Wonderful news!! so thankful all is well (or will be soon) I love the name too (Won't Susan be glad we all "approve"..ha!) So good that you were able to be there..what wonderful sisters you all are to each other! Happy Late Anniversary!

Charity said...

Please pass along our congrats to Jeff and Susan on the arrival of their sweetie! Thought about her all day yesterday, wondering how it was going... may her recovery be swift and complete. To see them with their own little one is such a blessing. And what a blessed little boy to arrive in such a wonderful and loving family!

Nathan & Charity

Tara said...

I thought so often of Susan the last couple of days. It seems like you wait FOREVER for these precious bundles to arrive and then it's over before you know it and they grow so fast. Susan's birth story sounds VERY similar to my own with Lauren; it may be entirely normal for her to have major hormone "crazies" and some blues due to having no control with the birthing outcome. If she needs to talk to someone who's totally 'been there', feel free to give her my #.

I'm glad you could be there, Marty. That all you girls could be together. What awesome sisterly support and love. You are a blessed family.

Vonnie said...

Martha,
Thanks for the update on Susan, I have also checked out Christa and your mom's blog. I am not an expert in blogging and I hae never had to rotate a picture so I really don't know what to say. I think I would try to rotate it in whatever software you have on your computer for picture editing before trying to upload it onto the blogger site. Don't know for sure but that is what I would do??? Love, Vonnie PS Gald you are an auntie again!!

Vonnie said...

Excuse my spelling errors!! heehee

Kelly S said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures! I don't know Jeff, but if the baby grows up to be as sweet as his mommy, he will be one sweet boy!

Give Susan my congrats. I'm sure it was a comfort for her to have you there. She's very brave for even trying the natural way!

Kim M. said...

Congratulations! I know from experience about C-sections after hours of labor! I am so glad the baby arrived safely and that Susan is okay. I love the sweet pictures!

Anita Marie said...

Please pass on my congratulations to Susan and husband. I am so happy for them.

Unknown said...

Marty ~
Hey there! Congrats to you and Larry on 10 years. Please tell Susan I said congratulations to her & Jeff on the birth of their son. He's very cute!
Have a great day...auntie!
Karon

Viola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia said...

Marty;

10 years already? Can't be, you're only 22 right? :) Congrats my friend.

Pass along our love to Jeff and Susan. We are so happy for them. What a beautiful little blessing.

Marty said...

Have I found out the true Viola????

Julia, you need to answer this one for me!!

Marty

My Life in Pictures said...

Aww, congrats to Susan! She is such a sweetie. Its been years though. It has been nice to hear from you again. Liss, Nick and the baby are doing great. Lissa is getting a new appreciation for mom's who have more than one baby. They are lots of work. ;-)

Martha C said...

I am an old SD friend of Jeff's and have loved every moment I have ever been with Susan, so I was very happy to see this post. Please give them my regards! I am so excited for them.
~ Martha (Sampson) Castle