Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is Anyone Out There...?

Dear Family, Friends, and Lurking Bloggers,

Wow! What a busy Fall we are having at our household! I am like many of you that go from early morning til night doing everything from mediation between argueing brothers to mediation between a neonatologist and his nurses. (I'll take the first, by the way!) Our days are filled with laundry, school, discipline, loving, playing, cleaning, etc.... and at the end of the day, I'm EXHAUSTED! I know this is sounding so familiar to many of you out there. I guess I say all that to say that I'm having a hard time finding time to sit and blog. Once I have gotten out of the habit, I realize how very far behind I am on everyone's life. I feel very sad when I think about how before this blogging thing....I WAS REALLY BEHIND! At night when all the house is quite and I might gather enough strength to click blogspot on my GOOGLE page...I'm too tired. And there goes another day not "communicating". This is a very long way to to say Sorry for not sharing my life with you and enjoying yours with you. I will try to stay up a little later tonight to catch you up on us....

We had the opportunity to join Larry on a business trip to Pigeon Forge. While he worked we went into Maryville to see my wondeful Grandmother "GG". We had such a fantastic visit! The boys love GG so very much and love playing with all her toys. They also love her food! I think she could serve crackers and mayo and they would think it was the best! I'm striving to reach that status!!! We also got to visit with Aunt Carol and Queen Essie!!! They are two of my favorite people in the world!!! Talk about having some good laughs!! I so wish we lived closer and had time to visit more often!

The next day we were still in Pigeon Forge in our hotel room, and Carson fell and chipped several teeth and knocked his two front teeth loose! It was a very hard and long day. We went to my parents in GA that evening, hoping to see the dentist, but to no avail. We did have a short evening with Papa, Grandmomma, Aunt Christa, Aunt Susan, Uncle Jeff and Colton! What a joy to be together as a family!! Colton is getting so big and is the cutest thing since my boys! Ha! Sometimes when I glance at him, I see Susan and then other times he is his daddy made over! He is a whopper thou! We Scarbrough's can grow 'em big! ha!

I have been extremely busy with work at the hospital. Our census has been at a level high for a few months now and we are all having to work more than we want. I am very blessed in loving my job, but I love staying home with my boys much more. The benefit of me working is that get one on one time with daddy...they all love it! I couldn't ask for a better "sitter"! Speaking of Larry, he is once again doing a huge cabinet job. We are so blessed that his is doing his first new home construction job. He is doing a fantastic job and loving every minute of it. His work is phenomenal! He does this in the evenings and the weekends so it makes for one tired man. I pray the Lord will keep him healthy. He would so love to be able to do this on a full time basis.

Steven's school is going well and Mommy is once again making adjustments. I think I have it .organized and something changes . Maybe I'll stop being so type A personality. NOT! Carson is starting to learn things in leaps and bounds also and is going to make for an exciting year next year for K5. Peyton is doing better also, now that he "understands" the routine.

I have so many pictures that I want to share with you all, but I think I'll wait until another night. I'm doing good to get this much written. I hope that I still have a few friends who miss me....thanks Kimber for the note!! I can't wait to get caught up with everyone!

15 comments:

Anita Marie said...

I've been faithfully checking on your blog daily and am so glad I did today.

Queen Essie said...

Welcome back, cuz :)

Believe me, I so can relate to your madness! I have been crazy busy. It was a blast hanging out with you & your boys - it would have been crazier if we had added my boys to the mix! So sorry about the teeth incident. Hope things are okay there.

Well, gotta run & get these younguns off to a 3 hour day of school, which will probably be more hassle than it's worth, but then we get 2 days off - yippee!

Love ya!

Leah said...

GREAT to "see" you back in the blogging world! I understand the busyness!! If it weren't for the type of job I have, I wouldn't be able to do this at all!!

Liz said...

So great to hear from you again. Sounds like your life is so busy ..therefore we forgive you for not blogging lately! Love ya!!!

julie f said...

Been missing you, and so glad to hear from you!

Blessings on your Thanksgiving!

Julia said...

SO glad you're back. Just think before these blogs we'd go a year before speaking. Crazy!

Anyway, I can totally relate. As I read the first part of your blog I had to check and make sure I wasn't at my own blog. While I don't wish today away, I have enjoyed each stage of the game thus far. I'm like you, I look forward to a house with pre-teens and teens. I know our "baby oriented" friends are scratching their heads at that one. :)

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for you.

The Dickinsons said...

Hey, Marty! So glad you are back, we did miss you!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. YES, I'm soooo excited to be feeling better and not soooo nauseated!!! PRAISE THE LORD! I was sooooo sick for awhile I didn't know how much longer I could stand it...but Thank the Lord I'm getting better!

I'm sooooo sorry to hear about Carson's falling and knocking his teeth out...HELP! OUCH! My Moma had told me on the phone, but then my phone card ran out and I didn't get to hear the rest of the story. I hope that he is ok now. Bless his heart (and y'all's too...that would not be easy for the parents either!)

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did, we took the kids to McDonalds. =D They LOVED the day, and weren't too sad that Mommy wasn't up to cooking a turkey and trimmings!

Love ya, Heather and baby =)

Lady J said...

Great to hear from you again. I miss your blogs and all the pictures. I do understand about busy, not that I have kids, but I do have a father....

Kimberly said...

Welcome Back...don't feel bad.."life happens"! Happy late Thanksgiving...love to all!

Kelly S said...

So glad to see an update - aice suprise! I actually got on your blog to say that I missed you and hoped you all were doing well and what do you know - a new post!

I think we all can relate. I have the same guilty feelings. I usually only have time to look at a few on my list. I felt bad because I always started at the top or bottom of the list and then realized that I was missing all my buddies in the middle of my list.

I'm tyring to do better too. Don't feel bad about it though. Just do what you can do. If you start feeling guilty over it, it takes the fun away and makes it a chore.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're "back" Marty. Although it may be time for another new one, now! HA!
Might we get a visit from you again this year???! Let me know if you're traveling through our way.

LOVE
TARA

Kim M. said...

I soooo understand! I updated mine last night and my behind was sore from sitting so long editing the pictures for red-eye, cropping and putting them on the blog. So it makes it hard to want to do it! I told Michael that I love reading all my friends' but I hate updating my own. But it's worth it to get the comments and making my family and friends happy. Good to see ya back! Sorry about poor little Carson's teeth! Reminds me of the story Michael told me about his daddy (Larry) breaking his nose playing bball!

kayla said...

Glad to see you're back!
Hope the job gets better. I'm right there with you on wishing you didn't have to work so much. We'll have to pray for each other in that area.
Glad you had fun in TN. I really miss getting to see Pigeon Forge this time of year.
Take care friend.

Anonymous said...

Blessings, friend. I've just gotten back into the blogging world myself in the last couple of days. I've been trying to catch up on all the reading I've missed. :) It can get overwhelming! Good to see an update from you. Hope you had a fantasting Thanksgiving!

Vonnie said...

Hmmmm, I thought I had commented on here already... but I haven't. Good to hear from you again. I love getting up to date on everything that is going on. Hope to see you at Christmas time. :)