Saturday, May 5, 2007

Our Week

I'mmmm....baack! It has been a very busy week and I haven't taken the time to post. I have enjoyed reading about everyone else's lives. I forget sometimes who I have read, where I've posted comments, etc....there has to be some trick to structured blogging? Any suggestions for this unorganized blogger. It is driving me crazy! I am posting some pictures from our week. We went to 3 birthday parties, strawberry picking...again, crammed in tons of school, helped Larry finish up a job of cabinets, all this while Larry has been out of town. I was very happy that he got to come home a day early! Thank the Lord for BIG blessings!

Here are a few of the favorite sayings I've heard this week.

"honey, I'm home!"
"Kindergardens over its time to go home" (A little song they sing everday at the end of the DVD)
"Dear Jesus, bless Carson my very best friend" (A quote from Steven during prayer time!)
"Thank you for your help" (From Larry after banding, sanding, and staining doors for his cabinets)
"You are being so supportive"
"Good night"
"Night, Night" - Peyton's favorite word....he takes after his mother!

Our lives are so busy that I am trying to stop and think about the little wonderful things that happen each day that are so easy to overlook!

Last weekend we had 3 birthday parties to attend. I have posted a few pics. Some friends and I took the kids to the strawberry patch to get more strawberries. I froze 12 quart bags of sliced strawberries. We look forward to fresh fruit in the winter. I decided to share some photos of the 2 small cabinets that Larry just finished. He does a great job! I am very proud of my husband. He is putting down hardwood flooring in our living room today! He's one fantastic man! I'll try to post pictures of the finished product.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.....please scroll way way down to see my new pictures! Have a blessed day!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha,
Great to learn what you have been doing this week since we haven't chatted any!
Love,
Mama

Kimberly said...

Enjoyed seeing your week at the end of this day..the boys are so sweet and it's clear what a loving home ya'll are giving them.

i don't think there's any good way to be an organized blogger! Be sure to tell us when your new nephew arrives!

Vonnie said...

OK Martha,
I finally got to your blog. Now I must have something spelled wrong because my e-mail to you this morning was returned. :( I spelled your blog as mysteriousLYmarty instead of mysteriousmarty, that's why I couldn't get to you. :) Anyway, great pictures!!! Love, Vonnie

Anita Marie said...

Marty,

Here are my tips for organized blogging. I've had to organize myself or I'm the type of person who gets sucked into the endless highway of information and I don't get anything else done.

I have booked marked (or in Internet Explorer it's called Favorites) all my favourite blogs and websites that I like to visit on a daily visit. In the morning I first check my email messages, then I go to my favourite two forums and check my messages there. Then I go through my list of blogs that I like to visit daily. I've just counted and I have 23 blogs I like to visit. I make my way down the list visiting each blog to see if there is a new posting and leave comments. Then (not every day) I post something on my own blogs. When I am finished, I log off walk away and then look at my endless TO DO list for the day.
Hope that helps!

Kelly S said...

Hey Marty,

I loved seeing your pictures of the strawberry patch. It reminds me of my grandparents's homestead in Harrington, Deleware. When we would visit, my grandpa would let us go out to his fields and pick strawberries. They were so sweet. You can't buy them fresh and sweet in the stores. They're always so tart and sour! My kids think they hate strawberries, but they would love them if they had them fresh and ripe.

Regarding organized blogging, you need a link list. Then you can just go down your list and view each blog one at a time. Sometimes I view half of my list in the morning, and then the other half in the evening. Don't forget to add me to you list... www.kellystamper.blogspot.com:)

Julia said...

Marty;

Loved hearing about your week. Wow, three birthday parties in one week, did you meet yourself coming or going? :)

CrazieChrisa said...

Marty,
I PROMISE I have the CUTEST nephews in the WHOLE world:-DDDDDD Peyton is getting SOOOO big!!! WOW! I can't wait to see them and squeeze them really hard;-) Hahaha! Is Steven done with school yet???? Tell him I"m soooo proud of him (u too;-))! I have to go write my R&R paper and then I will be done with my corrispondance(sp) course! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Anyhooooo...talk to ya later! Luv ya soooooo much!!!! ~Christa

P.S. There is nothing wrong with being disorganized;-) Hahaha! LUv ya;-)

P.S.S. Yeah, your right, Cindi does feel like another sister! I may have to move to SC when I have my kids (YEARS down the road;-)) so that Cindi can help me too:-D Luv ya dearest!

The Dickinsons said...

The strawberries look yummy...and the birthday party pics look fun. I loved the quotes from this week too.

Love ya, Heather =)

Tara said...

Marty,
Loved reading the quotes from your week. Good stuff! And, true, once you listen for it you can hear the good stuff so much more easily.
As for organized blogging, I echo the stuff about putting your links in one spot. You see the ones I have on my site. I just run through them whenever I have a free sec, and try to keep up with which ones have a particular thread of conversation that I'm either involved in or interested in. Doesn't really take all that long. You're the master of organization: you'll have your own system in no time!!
Enjoyed the pics, too!
Love ya,
Tara

CrazieChrisa said...

Go see my new pics, sissy:-D Luv ya lots!

CrazieChrisa said...

Bla..bla...bla....you just wish I took after you:-D I'm WAYYYYYYY more gorgeous than you:-D Hehehe...JUST KIDDING!!!! Luv ya LOTS! I might let you wear my dress when you come home this summer....I don't know..we'll see:-D Hehehe!! How long are ya'll staying when ya'll come to visit susan???? I hope David gets to come while you're there! He is coming Memorial day weekend...
Luv ya BUNCHES...give the boys kisses and hugs for me! OHHH and have Steven call me as soon as he finishes his last day of school!!! Luv ya!!! Christa

kayla said...

I'm so glad that someone else is an unorganized blogger. I just grab whatever time seems to be left over from the day, and scroll around
Love the quotes. They echo a happy family.

kayla said...

Are you coming down for graduation?

Making Memories 1999 said...

Enjoyed seeing the pictures! And I loved the quotes!! What a great way to keep focused on the important things in life!! Thanks for sharing!

CrazieChrisa said...

Okay, Marty...time for new pictures:-D I'm getting bored with these;-) Hahaha! Luv ya lots!!!!

Derek Hickman said...

Dear Mysterious Marty,

Some things I heard this week:

"You can't say that!"

"Don't shoot!"

"June, the dog's done ate the remote again"

"June, the dog's done ate my dinner again"

"June, the dog's . . . . . . .. . . .June?"

"June was a good woman"

"Barry, ith yor wiff, whea ah my teeff"

"Sir, you'll have to sit at a table. Our buffet is for EVERYBODY in the restaurant"

Darlene Bray said...

Martha,
I so enjoy reading your blogs. Anytime you have small children, you are a stay at home mom, and you homeschool, you will definetly have VERY interesting blogs! I look forward to reading more...it takes me back to when the boys were small, which seems like YESTERDAY!