Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer's End....

Hello Blogger Friends!



I'm sorry that I haven't had the chance to blog as of late. We have been extremely busy with end of summer activities. We had the wonderful opportunity to spend a week at the beach with a couple of friends. It was fantastic! I'll try to post pictures later of some of the fun things we got to do. When we returned we had plenty to keep me busy and away from the computer. Last weekend, we were blessed to have my Aunt Janet and little sis, Christa, to visit us. Aunt Janet was only able to stay overnight, but we made the most of our time. The three of us went to party in honor of Christa's friend who was getting married. Aunt Janet and I had known her since she was around the age of 6! Can't believe that I'm that old! It was nice to see old friends again. On Friday, I had to work so Christa kept the kids for me....they LOVE having Aunt "Trista" around to play with. Somehow she has more energy than I do!!! On Friday evening, Larry took the boys to see the Greenville Drive play baseball. (Our church had gotten tickets for us!) They had a great time with friends and watching baseball. Christa, Peyton, and I stayed home to catch up with each other. (And to make hot fudge brownies!!) It was a great evening! Sorry that I couldn't stay up later....but the alarm was set to go off at 5 am for another 12hour day at work. She and her friend, Seth, went to Rachel's wedding Saturday evening and to church with Larry on Sunday. She was able to stop by the hospital on the way out of town to say goodbye! She has grown into a beautiful young woman! I am very proud of her.....It is hard not to call her my "baby sister" thou!

This week has been busy getting ready for a yard sale on Saturday. Most people do their cleaning out in the Spring....I do it when I have time and a Saturday off! I am praying that we will have a great profit!!! I am doing it with several friends so maybe it will go well! I have also to get ready to start school on Monday! I have everything already, I've just got to get organized!

I have been trying to catch up on other's blogs lately and comment, but it looks like everyone else is just as busy! I'll try to post pic later! Have a blessed day!

21 comments:

kayla said...

I agree that your little sis has grown into a special young lady. I'm looking forward to seeing her at Danielle's wedding. Maybe she'll get to walk with Harold.

CrazieChrisa said...

Awww...I feel so special!!!! I love you, Marty:-D

See ya Soon, Kayla:-D

Leah said...

She is a pretty special young lady but don't tell her I said that - it will ruin my image!!!!

Vonnie said...

Glad you're still alive. I know how busy it can be trying to get ready for school.

sankey family said...

So glad to hear from Mysterious Marty again. Been missin' ya!

Melodie

Kimberly said...

Well Hello back Friend!! Glad ya'll are having a good summer..I love hearing about your sweet little fam. and keeping better in touch..Love Ya!! (Thanks for your compliments..I don't deserve it:!!)
(And hearing about Christa makes ME feel old...can you believe it's been almost 20 yrs. since we all were at Youth Camp together!!!)

Kim M. said...

Great to hear your updates about a fun summer. I remember when your sister was a toddler running around at Pell City Camp! I have a little sister too (she will be 20 in two months)... don't know about you but when I am with her it helps me feel younger.

Kelly S said...

I enjoyed reading your update. I too have been busy and unable to blog. I'm trying to take a few minutes to get caught up, but my kiddos are not cooperating.

Glad you're doing good.

Julia said...

Glad to have you back. I'm anxious to see those pictures. Is this the same Crista who cried at your wedding because she didn't catch the bouquet? :)

Heather said...

Hi Martha! I dont know if you remember who I am but I met you at beula Grove Camp this year. Your in laws go to my church. We sat on my cabin porch and chatted for a while. I am glad I found your blog and I will check back again. I love seeinf pictures of your boys! I hope your garage sale goes great. Heather Loper

The Dickinsons said...

Marty, Just getting to catch up on blogs myself. Thanks for the nice update, it was fun hearing some of what you have been doing.

Thanks also for stopping by my blog, and for your sweet comments.

Love ya bunches!
Heather =)
I hope your yard sale goes, or went well!

Tara said...

Good to see an update, Marty. And also so GOOD to talk to you the other day; your info was very helpful to me. And, yes, I seem to remember a certain bouquet debacle at your wedding as well!!! Poor Christa; such a bummer when people won't let you grow up!!

Liz said...

Marty, Hey friend. It is sad that you're in Greer and we are in Spartanburg and we have never gotten together. I started a blog recently and wanted to let you know. I have really been enjoying yours. You have a beautiful family! Love, Liz Barr

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the update! Hope the yard sale went well. I love the feeling of getting things thinned out a bit. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, I love the feeling of getting myself thinned out a bit as well. Hmmmm. That would be nice. :)

Eileen said...

Hello you don't know me, but Larry does. My daughter told me about your blog, and so I had to check it out. I enjoy looking at others blogs. It is good to know how Larry is doing it has been a very long time since I have seen him. Tell him that I said hi. I have a blog too, plus a yahoo360, my blogger is www.gramgram-eileen.blogspot. So if you have time or Larry doesn't remember, which I sure he will feel free to stop by my blogs. Have a wonderful day. Oh by the way the oldest looks just like Larry when he was that age. Eileen Gerard

Making Memories 1999 said...

We'll try this again. (Just wrote a comment, but for some reason, it didn't take it.)

Thanks for the family update, and for stopping by my blog! Sounds like you had a great time when your sister was there!

Sure wish we could see you all again, and meet those three handsome boys! I remember you and Larry staying with us when Juwah got married! Great memories!

Hope you have a great day, friend! God bless!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marty for the b-day wish. Oh yes......the memories are flowing!! Too many to think of at this time. I check out your blog every chance I can....well I check out all ya'lls when I can.
Great to hear from you.
Keep in touch when you can.
Love,
Karon

julie f said...

Enjoyed the updates! It's fun to hear what is happening in your world.

I hope and pray your school year is successfull, as well as just plain ol' fun! Actually, anything with you would be fun! :)

Take care!

julie f said...

Oh, Marty, I just had to add one more thing.
We were just in Montana at my parents, and Jen and I were going through old pictures of theirs. We came across one of your husband's family many many moons ago, taken at the Northwest BMC camp grounds. It was adorable and made me think of your boys! Little Larry was squinting into the sun and looked so cute! Fun memories!

Take care!

Cara said...

Hey Marty,

So you are homeschooling! My biggest tip is get your work done while your little one sleeps! =) Actually, I let Karis unload a couple of cupboards today while I worked with Cam. I figured that it was worth the peace right then--I can always clean up later! What curriculum are you using? By the way, I request more pictures of Colton! =)