Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Brings New Life......

My dear blogger friends....
I have deeply missed sharing with you for the past couple months. It has been crazy around our house for many different reasons. I'll start with the BIGGEST reason. We are expecting our 4th child on November 9, 2008.......I'll pause a moment so that everyone can take a deep breath and exhale. As many of you know, we (Larry and I) were done having children after our second little boy, then 3 years later we were surprised and blessed with our 3rd son. So to say the least we have NOT been very happy with this latest news. I know what half of you are saying and gasping..."I can't believe that someone would feel that way about a blessing from God!!" Well we are being honest...We KNOW that this baby is a gift from our Heavenly Father and we are going to love him as much as the other three, and he is going to do great things toward the Kingdom of Heaven...Yeah, Yeah, its in our heads and it will eventually get to our hearts. For me, it passes the nausea and STOPS!!! Maybe I'll feel different when I can once again see straight! My family and friends have been very supportive in helping us in many ways. From providing childcare, food and scriptures and promises from God that we can quote when we are not feeling the best. Everyone has been very nice and letting us "muddle" in our stupidity for a while! Larry was out of town last week for the Masters in Augusta, GA. He was the top computer support for the whole week. He had all access pass just like the members. He had the BEST time!!! But most of all, he got rave reviews for the club and his company. They want him back for next year. They said that this was the smoothest year in a long time, thanks to him. He even got to watch Tiger on a few holes, and VJ Sing (sp?) gave him his game ball from Thursday!!! He enjoyed hop knobbing with the big name in golf. Even a hand shake and short conversation with Arnold Palmer!! I'm sure your husbands will be more impressed with this than many of you. Larry is also very busy finishing up a big cabinet job and works long hours into the night trying to make everything perfect. I'll post pics of the final results. We are also very busy with Steven and Carson both playing Spring baseball. This is Carson's first year and he is the cutest ever. Steven has played since he was 4 and is a natural! He has alot of talent and we are very proud of him. The other day Carson asked him if he loved baseball and Steven said "NO, I just like it!!!" He is sooo much like his father! Since Daddy has been to the Masters, the two oldest boys have decided they want golf lessons next. Yeah, right! I have no time as it is (or money)! We have only 20 more school days to finish up!!!!! We will continue to work on things during the summer just at a more relaxed pace. I am very proud of Steven and the things he has learned this year and his ability to retain knowledge. Pray for us as we have decisions regarding next year and two boys in school. (and a baby on the way...HELP!!) The Lord will provide the his grace when needed! Thanks for reading my ramblings and sorry it has been so long. I can't promise that it might take a while f0r another post! We covet your prayers and we accept our new family "picture"!

Love,
Marty

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm...my friend, do you need to know how this is happening?? Just kidding!! : ) Congratulations to you!

Charity said...

Wow! THAT was quite the shocking post! Congrats! There's something about saying, "No more, kids." that seems to 'poof!' guarantee another ;o) Maybe you'll get a little girl this time...

Liz said...

Awww...I can't say I know at this point how you feel but after this one I may. I would like to be done with this one but I am not sure about Phillip. This pregnancy has been so horrible with sickness and such that I can't imagine doing it again. We really need to get together sometime.......tootles!

jenny said...

You have no idea how much fun it's going to be...I'm thrilled for you all!!!

I can relate some to...when I found out I was pregnant with Isaac I just sat down and cried. Now I cry to think I could every imagine a moment without him.

So excited FOR you...praying for a great pregnancy.

jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

I can't believe I checked here tonight and yay a new post....and what a post! I had heard a "rumor" about this..so let me now with certainty say "Congrats!" I know the Lord will give you the strength and wisdom you need! Sending hugs up to ya'll!:)

(PS:My husband loved hearing about the golf weekend!:)

julie f said...

Oh, congrats to you! I DO know how you feel as I went through this just a few short months ago, but God has a way of getting us ready! I'm so glad He gives us 9 months, aren't you?
I pray you will feel well again; that really seems to help things out!
So excited for another baby to enter a great home!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best. May this baby bring you more joy than you can possibly imagine at this point! Love to all!

Valerie said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that it is you and not me, but then we have it figured out how to prevent these 'things' from happening!:):):)Wonderful to finally read an update, but definitely understand why there hasn't been one. I'm sorry, but know that once you hold your new bundle of joy it will seem worth it all. I'm pulling for a girl, hoping that it will make it easier. Much Love, Valerie

Anonymous said...

I have stopped by often wondering when you would post again. Little did I know why you hadn't posted in so long. I am glad to see you are having a fourth. That makes you fit in with all the other friends of mine from HSBC. Every blog I see there are so many children. It's fun to see life happen. CONGRATULATIONS! I guess this means you won't be coming to Maine any time soon. HA!

Karon Willoughby said...

I talked to your lil' sister on myspace and she told me you were pregnant again. I want to say congratulations..but not sure that's what you want to hear right now. ;) I cried sooo hard when I found out I was pregnant with my third child. Did not want to be pregnant again..and I just start weight watchers that week too...ugh! My second child, Hunter was only 18 months old when I found out. Hopefully the sickness will pass very soon. I wish you all the best.
Take care,
Karon

Vonnie said...

Oh Martha, we are so happy for you. You can imagine how we felt being surprised to be expecting and then finding out we were to have twins!! You will feel better later and you won't know what you would do without the one you weren't planning. They are the "biggest" blessings!!!

Tara said...

Surprise babies are the BEST babies!....But there are things to be done which can limit the likelihood of them, ya know. ;) Anybody who dislikes pregnancy as much as you do should consider them, gurrrrl.
Welcome to the "Party of Six" club! It's a blast! :)
Love you, and in all seriousness I hope you feel stronger and happier sooner than later.

Kim M. said...

A big congratulations (although you are getting used to the idea- smile!)
Yes I was shocked too at this news.... maybe you'll get that girl, however if I were in your shoes I might wonder what in the world I'd do with a girl. LOL
I think I could think of a few things though... :-)
I am happy for y'all. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you and your baby bump. :-)
By the way... I have dreamed I was pregnant TWICE in the last couple of weeks!

Julia said...

Marty;

Thanks a lot, now I am truly the ONLY person without 4 kids! Talk about peer pressure. :)
I can't imagine what a shock this was for you. I know he/she is a blessing, but I understand how the re-adjusting your brain from "all done" to "more to come" must be hard. Just as a word of encouragment though, if anyone in the world was capable of handling 4children and doing it well, it is you my friend. I hope you feel better soon. Don't forget to request the anti-nausea pills your Dr "forgot" to mention your first pregnancy. Love ya.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Just read your comment on Heather's blog tonight, and found out you were pregnant! Congratulations, and I trust you feel better with this pregnancy! May this little one bring many, many happy moments to your home. God bless!!

loree2000 said...

I've never been on your blog before but as I read your post I can say I understand where you are coming from. We have four and feel like that is a good place to stop. So, if I found out I was expecting we would be disappointed. I also, hate the dreaded sickness....Ugh! It seems to last longer with each pregnancy I have.

It's wonderful friends and family are helping out! Take care.

Lori R.

sankey family said...

Warm congratulations from us! I felt the same way you're feeling when I realized #3 was on the way the day that #2 turned a year old!
You are referring to the new baby as he. Do you know it's a boy or are you just (as I am) always referring to babies as he, seeing the "type" of children you and I raise? heehee...
Would love to see you again - I have lots of fond memories of our growing up years!
Melodie

Kelly S said...

So happy for you Marty, because I know the joy it will bring you. I understand the feeling of shock and maybe somewhat panic you're probably feeling right now, but if this is God's will, he will bring you through it. You are a very strong lady and I know you can handle it with grace! I know you are a wonderful mommy and will be to baby number four just as well! Love you and will be praying for you!

Dámaris said...

Oh Marty, I can't imagine how you feel. Roger and I think we are done unless God thinks otherwise, and I cautiously say this because you never know. May God give you the strength during this time. I understand how you feel, I am one that gets very sick with pregnancies and I know how hard it's to care for the little ones. But it will soon pass. Roger would love to hear from Larry about his trip.

My Life in Pictures said...

Congrats, Marty!

Karon Willoughby said...

Marty ~ It was great hearing from you again. I hope you're feeling better.
Sorry it took me so long to write you back. I just posted a blog today...it's been weeks since I wrote on here.
Not much going on around here. Soccer season is over and summer break will be here before I know it.
I'll be seeing the family in July when we go up to TN & KY.
Very much looking forward to that.
I keep in touch with your lil' sister on her myspace. She's so cute! I can't believe you're little sister is getting married.
How is Susan? Please tell her I said hello next time you talk to her.
Well...I've blabbed long enough. Take care and rest your lil' self!
Tell Mr. Larry I said hello!
Love,
Karon

Anonymous said...

It is fun that my sister will be having her baby almost the same time as you...when I saw your posting a while back I knew about Beth and I thought that was pretty cool. I couldn't tell you then and so it is fun to tell everyone now. She had lost a baby at 9 weeks 2 1/2 years ago and so she was very cautious about telling people too early.

Lady J said...

I can't wait to hold my newest "grand" baby! Praying for you! Aunt Jan

cheriepasbjerg said...

Marty,
I know exactely how you feel. We were NOT expecting Jack and I wasn't happy about it either. I was only 4 months post partum from Sofie. Now I look at his dimples, and I feel slightly guilty, that I didn't want him in the begining. Now I can't imagine life without him. This baby will bring you absolute joy and so many blessings, you will see all this with time. I think that is why god gives us 40 weeks. You will get excited about it. I PROMISE.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Martha, Just hopped to your blog from Vonnie's. I have been following these hard days you are having through GG and wished I could help you someway. Uncle Edgar and I have prayed for you and are praying. You and your "Helper" make such special little boys that I think a quartet would be nice but maybe a piano player in "pink" would be even nicer. I love you and glad that your parents chose to give you my name just wished you did not have to inherit the hard pregnancy's that I had. Would not take a one of them back and say as any Moma that they were worth it but I was not ready to be so sick again when I realized that our "Heather was on the way". What would we or "Colombia" have done without her. :-) I love you, Aunt Martha